Saturday, February 7, 2015

Learning to Code in C#

Sorry I might have a boring post or two over the next little while,
I'm learning to write programs in C#.
yeah, I'm going there, I have to, it's what the development teams use, so it's important to know it if I ever hope to do something besides press the L button.
I have to concede the following:
1. So far, learning C# has been painless. As a language it makes sense. So far. That could be because I'm using a good book for learning C# ("Sams Teach Yourself: Visual C# 2010 in 24 Hours"), or because I know it's so important to learn it, but I don't care. I can write code and enjoy it using a Microsoft language.
2. I'm really enjoying Visual Studio. Yeah, I said it. It's useful, keeps me focused more on the logic of what I'm doing and less on the syntax. True, I'm still writing a lot of semi colons and curly braces, but other times, I start writing stuff, and intellisense really helps me write it quicker.
So yep,
I'm not giving up on Linux, or UNIX, but I have found use for Windows too.

No comments: