Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Strategic Thru-Hole Part Reserve

On twitter the other day, @imabug lamented the demise of a favored component

The ensuing discussion was great, and I began thinking about the last tweet I made in it:

I made it as an offhand glib remark, and reference to the strategic petroleum reserve created during the 70s, but there was also a little "Ha-ha only serious" going on too. It would be nice to have such a thing. It won't be long before @imabug needs that J310 and the box is dry, what if we had that reserve.

I think of it as a sort of social network with two lists, one of stuff you have available, one of stuff you need. The list of stuff you have available you don't use in projects, just store well. Trade as you need to on your own terms.


2 comments:

Cori said...

Can I put this on reddit?

http://www.reddit.com/r/amateurradio/

Mike KF7VZZ

GB Hoyt said...

Sure, go ahead!
GB Hoyt
KG4GVL