Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wrecking Ball

What a great song!
Finally glad that it's gaining some notoriety and momentum as a hit.
Apparently it's become "meme"ish and I've seen a lot of people posting others things where so and so is on top of a wrecking ball, in reference to this song. So far I've seen Ron Jeremy, Goku, and even Miley Cyrus.

I remember the first time I heard the song.
It was fall, in Atlanta. The year was 2000, and I was happy to have a new Every Day Life album in my hand. I skated on worn rollerblades all across the neighborhood listening to this album using my g-shock'd Sony Discman. Out of college, on my own, free, and saving the world! The first time I listened to the album, I wrecked hard enough to give myself a scar I still bear on the inside of my right arm, near the elbow. road rash. I couldn't care less at the time. Girls dig scars, and at the time, I was without a girlfriend, and needed all the help I could get.

Now I'm married, have 3 kids, and this song is finally popular! Thanks EDL!





Too bad this one doesn't include the part where Tedd sings "Wrecking balls of the world, unite and take over".

I don't get the "people on wrecking balls aspect of the meme", and I certainly don't want to ever see Tedd Cookerly on top of a wrecking ball, but the song is awesome. Here is a video of Tedd doing something else awesome, even if by awesome I don't mean "Singing an Everyday Life Song"

No comments: