Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Ubuntu, or My Meerkat be Maverick!

So I took some time Monday and installed the latest and greatest Ubuntu, 10.10 Maverick Meerkat.
Let me say this,
I am getting tired of installing a new OS every Six months, lol.
That being said, Maverick Meerkat is pretty slick. I did a fresh install, completely wiping out my old system, although I did do quite a bit of copying my files from a backup once the installation was complete. Everything seems to run a little better now, I am using the "Proprietary" video driver, I haven't installed apache or Drupal. The machine is running smoothly, and cooler. The fans definately are not working as hard. Maybe they finally got flash right! I have installed ruby, from source, following the instructions I previously gave for Ubuntu 10.04. I didn't doubt they would still be valid, having done this long enough to understand when I stand a chance of changing something that will break everything else. Everything is in a different font than before. I don't understand how that makes things better, but I think it does. Somehow, I have convinced myself that the rounder looking font has made the electrons move faster, and therefore, boosted computer performance.

In a nutshell, I like it, but I'm tired of liking something every six months.
l8rz.

1 comment:

The Louisiana Bayou Rat said...

My netbook is going slowly dead, one sector at a time. Oh the pain of ripping apart to renew. but first comes the floor, then arizona.

yeahpaugh