Friday, February 19, 2010

Yes, It's True.

I should be in bed.
It's red beans and rice day, officially, and it always is that I work really hard at delivering this meal on friday nite. going to try some new sausage in the recipe, maybe some kielbasa, nothing too spicy, although if I think I can get away with it, I would like to try a little andouille, or something equally "Louisiana" flav0red.

I tried to listen to a conference yesterday, and that was full of FAIL.

ok, so I have an idea, and as far as I can tell, no one is doing it yet, so I am now left with that dangerous conundrum, to collaborate, or to not collaborate? Basically, I am not looking to do anything new just yet, just trying to do something in a new way, synthesizing some goodness into an otherwise dreary outlook, and having some fun learning about Eclipse. Such as that is, I am trying to put a little jruby on machine(s), maven, some Android dev stuff, all in an attempt to tidy up my brainz and get to hacking my way around a Motorola fone, like say a Droid (snicker snicker), maybe I will own one by the summer. My Bro-in-law has a droid now, and I am trying to think of a good app to write for him, he's in the landscaping industry, so I've gots a few ideas. right now, I have a couple of ham radio ideas also floating around my noggin, but in order to really work them all out, I must first attain some knowledge of how exactly everything fits together.

I ain't gonna lie, Eclipse got a learnin' curve, I mean, POM, Java, all this java junk is weird to me right now, I admit, it scares me, but I see in it all a potential to take me to the next level. I have got to do it! Been a while since I've had a case of the "got to"'s like this.
So,
I have goals.
Goal 1. Learn some Java.
Goal 2. Learn some Eclipse.
Goal 3. Develop useful app for Android using BDD.

n'om sayin?
Post a Comment